So you would like to share one or more of my images on social media, I’m honored.
You are welcome to download my photography for use as a wallpaper or anything else you like offline but since I have released all my photography in the Creative Commons domain for free, I have a few guidelines I ask that you please follow when sharing my imagery on the internet.
Sharing via the “share” button on my Facebook posts, Retweeting on Twitter, or Reposting with credit on Instagram is always welcome and is the preferred method.
Simply typing my name as image credit when sharing is not enough.
I have a presence on all major social media networks and would prefer if you follow the guidelines below for sharing my photography/videography.
For quick reference, please click one of the links below to be directed to that network’s suggested policies.
If you would like to share my imagery on a poster/flyer/or other print medium, all I ask is that you include the one of following with this near the image(s) (no quotes):
- Photo credit:
“Trevor Mahlmann / tmahlmann.com”
Sharing my creations on Facebook:
If sharing my imagery on Facebook, please first search my page for the photograph you are looking for to share. If you are unable to find it, type “@TrevorMahlmann” (without quotes) and tag my photography page in the post as image credit. “Credit: Trevor Mahlmann | www.tmahlmann.com”
Sharing via the “→Share” button on my Facebook posts is the preferred method:
Sharing my creations on Instagram:
When sharing my imagery on Instagram, I ask that you follow these guidelines:
- @ Mention me in the comment of the photo within the first line of the comment. (after about 20 words, Instagram hides the rest of the comment under a “…more” tag. The @ mention is preferred to be before this cutoff)
- Tag me in the photograph using Instagram’s in-photo tagging features.
Sharing my creations on Twitter:
When sharing my imagery on Twitter, I ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Find the original tweet via my twitter account.
- Retweet or Quote it with a comment of your choice.
Quoting/Retweeting my original tweets is always the preferred method of sharing.
If you are unable to locate the tweet you are looking for, please @ Mention me as image credit in the tweet: “Credit: @TrevorMahlmann” (no quotes)
— Red Hot ChiliPeppers (@ChiliPeppers) August 2, 2016
Sharing my creations on Reddit:
Whatever creations of mine you may like to share on reddit, all I ask is that you include a link to my website as a top-level comment in the post.
Sharing my creations on the Web:
When sharing my imagery on the web, I ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Find the respective image on my photography website and link to it directly.
- Include either as a caption on top of/underneath/to the side of the image, or somewhere very near each image, one of the following descriptions:
- photo credit:
“Photo credit: Trevor Mahlmann / tmahlmann.com”
If you have any questions about my sharing policies, don’t hesitate to contact me here: